PM Modi greets people on Rath Yatra, Ashadhi Bij
Bhubaneswar: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has greeted the people on the occasion of Rath Yatra being held across the country on Sunday.
"My warm greetings to the people on the occasion of Rath Yatra that is held across India today. We bow to Lord Jagannath on this auspicious day. Today once again he sets out on his chariot giving blessings to the people," Modi said in a message released here.
"We pray to Lord Jagannath for peace, prosperity and happiness in India. May Lord Jagannath bless us with good monsoon that will help farmers," he said.
"As Gujarat CM, I had the honour to perform the Pahind Vidhi ritual during the Yatra in Ahmedabad. It is an experience I really cherished," Modi said.
The Prime Minister has also greeted the people on Ashadhi Bij, the Kutchi New Year.
"My greetings on Ashadhi Bij, the Kutchi New Year. I pray for a year filled with joy and happiness," Modi said in his message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review