PM Modi greets people on Rath Yatra, Ashadhi Bij
Bhubaneswar: Prime Minister Narendra Modi has greeted the people on the occasion of Rath Yatra being held across the country on Sunday.
"My warm greetings to the people on the occasion of Rath Yatra that is held across India today. We bow to Lord Jagannath on this auspicious day. Today once again he sets out on his chariot giving blessings to the people," Modi said in a message released here.
"We pray to Lord Jagannath for peace, prosperity and happiness in India. May Lord Jagannath bless us with good monsoon that will help farmers," he said.
"As Gujarat CM, I had the honour to perform the Pahind Vidhi ritual during the Yatra in Ahmedabad. It is an experience I really cherished," Modi said.
The Prime Minister has also greeted the people on Ashadhi Bij, the Kutchi New Year.
"My greetings on Ashadhi Bij, the Kutchi New Year. I pray for a year filled with joy and happiness," Modi said in his message.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14