Police inspector commits suicide in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): A police inspector, who had allegedly consumed pesticides to commit suicide about a week back, died at MKCG Medical College and Hospital here, the police said on Thursday.
Rajendra Panda, inspector of the district crime record bureau wing in Ganjam district, was admitted to the hospital here on October 6 in a serious condition and he passed away yesterday, they said.
Panda died during treatment and his body was handed ove to the family members after a postmortem, sub-divisional police officer, Berhampur, B K Panigrahi, said.
The reason behind the extreme step taken by the inspector was yet to be ascertained, the police said.
Panda was deputed to Aska police station about a month ago as an additional inspector. He, however, did not join there and was on a sick leave, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview