Police inspector commits suicide in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): A police inspector, who had allegedly consumed pesticides to commit suicide about a week back, died at MKCG Medical College and Hospital here, the police said on Thursday.
Rajendra Panda, inspector of the district crime record bureau wing in Ganjam district, was admitted to the hospital here on October 6 in a serious condition and he passed away yesterday, they said.
Panda died during treatment and his body was handed ove to the family members after a postmortem, sub-divisional police officer, Berhampur, B K Panigrahi, said.
The reason behind the extreme step taken by the inspector was yet to be ascertained, the police said.
Panda was deputed to Aska police station about a month ago as an additional inspector. He, however, did not join there and was on a sick leave, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj