Security tightened for Rahul Gandhi`s visit to Odisha
Cuttack: Security arrangements have been tightened for Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi`s visit here on Tuesday.
Gandhi, who arrived in the state on Monday and met party workers from western Odisha at Sambalpur, is scheduled to come here tomorrow morning.
"He will speak with the panchayat, block and district level functionaries of the party here in morning and afternoon. A meeting with senior party leaders will take place at an extended working committee meeting in the evening, before leaving for New Delhi," city Congress president Muhammed Moqim said.
The city police and SPG have taken over the security of the community hall located in Markat Nagar area, where Gandhi will meet Congress workers.
He will arrive at Charbatia airstrip near Choudwar in the morning, from where he would travel by road to the meeting venue, a distance of about 15 kms, a police officer said.
The venue has been "protected" and the road in front of the meeting hall sealed. Plain clothed policemen and those with arms have been deployed in the satellite city of Markat Nagar, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf