Sexual harassment case: 14-day judicial custody for Odisha cop
Balasore: The bail plea of a police inspector accused in a sexual harassment case was on Thursday turned down by a local court which remanded him to 14 days` judicial custody.
Judicial Magistrate Sarita Mohanty of Soro rejected the bail petition of Ajit Swain arrested by the Police Crime Branch yesterday.
The court on June 20 had issued a non-bailable warrant against the police inspector after the Crime Branch submitted the case diary in the court, prosecution advocate Sukanta Mishra said.
On May 28, a lady police inspector, had moved the Orissa High Court seeking a CBI probe into her complaint of alleged sexual exploitation by the police inspector.
The lady officer alleged that Swain had blackmailed her and continued to exploit her sexually.
In her petition, the lady officer had alleged that Swain allegedly sexually exploited over the last 13 years and mentally and physically tortured her.
She had also alleged that the higher authorities in the department had taken no action even though she drew their attention to her plight.
The lady officer, now posted in Jagatsingpur had joined police service in 2000 and was posted as a sub-inspector in Keonjhar district on June 16, 2001.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31