Sexual harassment case: 14-day judicial custody for Odisha cop
Balasore: The bail plea of a police inspector accused in a sexual harassment case was on Thursday turned down by a local court which remanded him to 14 days` judicial custody.
Judicial Magistrate Sarita Mohanty of Soro rejected the bail petition of Ajit Swain arrested by the Police Crime Branch yesterday.
The court on June 20 had issued a non-bailable warrant against the police inspector after the Crime Branch submitted the case diary in the court, prosecution advocate Sukanta Mishra said.
On May 28, a lady police inspector, had moved the Orissa High Court seeking a CBI probe into her complaint of alleged sexual exploitation by the police inspector.
The lady officer alleged that Swain had blackmailed her and continued to exploit her sexually.
In her petition, the lady officer had alleged that Swain allegedly sexually exploited over the last 13 years and mentally and physically tortured her.
She had also alleged that the higher authorities in the department had taken no action even though she drew their attention to her plight.
The lady officer, now posted in Jagatsingpur had joined police service in 2000 and was posted as a sub-inspector in Keonjhar district on June 16, 2001.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP