Six cops injured in bomb attack in Odisha
Sambalpur: Six police personnel
were injured when dacoits of an inter-state gang trying to
loot a house hurled crude bombs at them near Choudhury Chowk
area on the outskirts of this western Odisha city, police said
The incident occurred when the police team reached
the spot after getting information about the dacoity bid in
the early hours yesterday and overpowered one of the dacoits,
Sambalpur Superintendent of Police Nitin Kanodia said.
While trying to escape with some ornaments and cash,
the dacoits hurled bombs on the police team, injuring six
personnel including two sub-inspectors, three constables and a
home guard, he said.
Though all the eight dacoits escaped after the bomb
attack, five of them were nabbed last evening from state
highway No 10 near Rengali and two pistols, four swords,
several other sharp weapons, five mobile phones, gold
ornaments, camera and Rs 16,000 cash seized from them.
Stating that the dacoits belonging to an inter-state
gang in West Bengal, the SP said search was on to nab
the other four.
The gang members had been operating in Sambalpur and
nearby areas for over one year and were involved in at least
three dacoities, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok