Six cops injured in bomb attack in Odisha
Sambalpur: Six police personnel
were injured when dacoits of an inter-state gang trying to
loot a house hurled crude bombs at them near Choudhury Chowk
area on the outskirts of this western Odisha city, police said
The incident occurred when the police team reached
the spot after getting information about the dacoity bid in
the early hours yesterday and overpowered one of the dacoits,
Sambalpur Superintendent of Police Nitin Kanodia said.
While trying to escape with some ornaments and cash,
the dacoits hurled bombs on the police team, injuring six
personnel including two sub-inspectors, three constables and a
home guard, he said.
Though all the eight dacoits escaped after the bomb
attack, five of them were nabbed last evening from state
highway No 10 near Rengali and two pistols, four swords,
several other sharp weapons, five mobile phones, gold
ornaments, camera and Rs 16,000 cash seized from them.
Stating that the dacoits belonging to an inter-state
gang in West Bengal, the SP said search was on to nab
the other four.
The gang members had been operating in Sambalpur and
nearby areas for over one year and were involved in at least
three dacoities, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US