Six Maoists wanted for several offences arrested in Orissa
Rourkela: Six Maoists, involved in a series of
attacks including blowing up of a police outpost, were
arrested in Orissa`s Sundargarh district on Tuesday, police
The six rebels, who belong to Jheripani village, about
95 km from here, were involved in blasting the police outpost
and CITU office building at Kalta last year, Rourkela
Superintendent of police Diptesh Patnaik said.
The ultras were also involved in a series of explosions
in Kalta and Koida areas of Sundargarh district, he said
adding they were also behind torching of several vehicles on a
national highway two months ago.
Their possible role in the murder of CITU leader Thomas
Munda last year was also being examined, police said.
The Maoists, who had been detained since yesterday, after
seizure of powerful landmines from a forest near Jheripani
village, were formally arrested today after thorough
interrogation, they said.
Two landmines hidden by the ultras and weighing 30 kg
and 10 kg were seized during a combing operation from the
jungle under Koida police limit.
Today`s arrests comes a day after eight hardcore Naxals
including four who had earlier escaped from a sub-jail in
Chhattisgarh were arrested by the security forces while they
were celebrating Martyr`s week in the jungles of Dantewada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!