Six Maoists wanted for several offences arrested in Orissa
Rourkela: Six Maoists, involved in a series of
attacks including blowing up of a police outpost, were
arrested in Orissa`s Sundargarh district on Tuesday, police
The six rebels, who belong to Jheripani village, about
95 km from here, were involved in blasting the police outpost
and CITU office building at Kalta last year, Rourkela
Superintendent of police Diptesh Patnaik said.
The ultras were also involved in a series of explosions
in Kalta and Koida areas of Sundargarh district, he said
adding they were also behind torching of several vehicles on a
national highway two months ago.
Their possible role in the murder of CITU leader Thomas
Munda last year was also being examined, police said.
The Maoists, who had been detained since yesterday, after
seizure of powerful landmines from a forest near Jheripani
village, were formally arrested today after thorough
interrogation, they said.
Two landmines hidden by the ultras and weighing 30 kg
and 10 kg were seized during a combing operation from the
jungle under Koida police limit.
Today`s arrests comes a day after eight hardcore Naxals
including four who had earlier escaped from a sub-jail in
Chhattisgarh were arrested by the security forces while they
were celebrating Martyr`s week in the jungles of Dantewada.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark