Six Maoists wanted for several offences arrested in Orissa
Rourkela: Six Maoists, involved in a series of
attacks including blowing up of a police outpost, were
arrested in Orissa`s Sundargarh district on Tuesday, police
The six rebels, who belong to Jheripani village, about
95 km from here, were involved in blasting the police outpost
and CITU office building at Kalta last year, Rourkela
Superintendent of police Diptesh Patnaik said.
The ultras were also involved in a series of explosions
in Kalta and Koida areas of Sundargarh district, he said
adding they were also behind torching of several vehicles on a
national highway two months ago.
Their possible role in the murder of CITU leader Thomas
Munda last year was also being examined, police said.
The Maoists, who had been detained since yesterday, after
seizure of powerful landmines from a forest near Jheripani
village, were formally arrested today after thorough
interrogation, they said.
Two landmines hidden by the ultras and weighing 30 kg
and 10 kg were seized during a combing operation from the
jungle under Koida police limit.
Today`s arrests comes a day after eight hardcore Naxals
including four who had earlier escaped from a sub-jail in
Chhattisgarh were arrested by the security forces while they
were celebrating Martyr`s week in the jungles of Dantewada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway