SOG commando allegedly commits suicide in Odisha
Malkangiri: A commando of Odisha`s elite anti-Naxal force Special Operation Group (SOG) allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself at a security camp in Malkangiri district on Saturday, police said.
Suryanarayan Sahu (27), who hailed from Kandhamal district, was critically injured with gunshot from his service rifle at a camp in Poteru in Kalimela area, Malkangiri Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
The commando was immediately taken to hospital at Malkangiri where doctors declared him dead, the SP said.
Though the exact reason behind the incident was yet to be ascertained, the deceased was said to have been mentally disturbed since he joined his new assignment at the Poteru camp last month, police said.
The body was sent for post-mortem and investigation was on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?