SOG commando allegedly commits suicide in Odisha
Malkangiri: A commando of Odisha`s elite anti-Naxal force Special Operation Group (SOG) allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself at a security camp in Malkangiri district on Saturday, police said.
Suryanarayan Sahu (27), who hailed from Kandhamal district, was critically injured with gunshot from his service rifle at a camp in Poteru in Kalimela area, Malkangiri Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
The commando was immediately taken to hospital at Malkangiri where doctors declared him dead, the SP said.
Though the exact reason behind the incident was yet to be ascertained, the deceased was said to have been mentally disturbed since he joined his new assignment at the Poteru camp last month, police said.
The body was sent for post-mortem and investigation was on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued