SOG commando allegedly commits suicide in Odisha
Malkangiri: A commando of Odisha`s elite anti-Naxal force Special Operation Group (SOG) allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself at a security camp in Malkangiri district on Saturday, police said.
Suryanarayan Sahu (27), who hailed from Kandhamal district, was critically injured with gunshot from his service rifle at a camp in Poteru in Kalimela area, Malkangiri Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said.
The commando was immediately taken to hospital at Malkangiri where doctors declared him dead, the SP said.
Though the exact reason behind the incident was yet to be ascertained, the deceased was said to have been mentally disturbed since he joined his new assignment at the Poteru camp last month, police said.
The body was sent for post-mortem and investigation was on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!