Take up student killing case with US: Odisha CM
Bhubaneswar: Seeking exemplary punishment for the killers of 24-year-old K Seshadri Rao in Boston, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday urged the Centre to take up the matter with the US authorities.
"I once again request you to take up the matter with the US authorities to ensure that exemplary punishment is meted out to the assailants," Patnaik said in a letter to External Affairs minister S M Krishna.
Patnaik recalled that he had earlier requested the ministry to advise the Indian Embassy in Washington to follow up with the US authorities investigation in the case.
The slain student`s parents have blamed both the Centre and the state government for no progress in the investigation into the killing.
Seshadri`s father K Sudhkar Rao had said that the Boston police despite claiming to have clues had failed to arrest the killers.
Rao from Jeypore town and a student at the Boston University`s Graduate School of Management was shot in the head and leg by an unidentified person on April 20 and died of his injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing