Temperature crosses 45-degree mark in eight Odisha districts
Bhubaneswar: Heat wave conditions continued to prevail in Odisha with the temperature crossing 45 degree Celsius in eight of the 30 districts on Tuesday.
The highest temperature of 46.2 deg C was recorded in the coal belt of Talcher, followed by 46 deg C in Bolangir, 45.7 deg C at Hirakud, 45.5 deg C in Samalpur and Bhawanipatna, 45.4 deg C at Jharsuguda and Sonepur and 45 deg C at Titlagarh, the met office here said.
Though the maximum temperature in state capital Bhubaneswar fell to 38.4 deg C from 40.4 deg C yesterday, the relative humidity ratio touched 79 percent, it said.
Three deaths have been reported due to sun stroke so far during the current summer.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik held a high-level meeting during the day to discuss the situation and the steps being taken to meet it.
The meeting was informed that heatwave conditions were likely to prevail in the interior parts of the state for the next three to four days, officials said.
Normal life was hit in many areas with roads presenting a deserted look as people refrained from venturing out and shops and markets remaining closed during day time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city