Temperature crosses 45-degree mark in eight Odisha districts
Bhubaneswar: Heat wave conditions continued to prevail in Odisha with the temperature crossing 45 degree Celsius in eight of the 30 districts on Tuesday.
The highest temperature of 46.2 deg C was recorded in the coal belt of Talcher, followed by 46 deg C in Bolangir, 45.7 deg C at Hirakud, 45.5 deg C in Samalpur and Bhawanipatna, 45.4 deg C at Jharsuguda and Sonepur and 45 deg C at Titlagarh, the met office here said.
Though the maximum temperature in state capital Bhubaneswar fell to 38.4 deg C from 40.4 deg C yesterday, the relative humidity ratio touched 79 percent, it said.
Three deaths have been reported due to sun stroke so far during the current summer.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik held a high-level meeting during the day to discuss the situation and the steps being taken to meet it.
The meeting was informed that heatwave conditions were likely to prevail in the interior parts of the state for the next three to four days, officials said.
Normal life was hit in many areas with roads presenting a deserted look as people refrained from venturing out and shops and markets remaining closed during day time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency