Temperature crosses 45-degree mark in eight Odisha districts
Bhubaneswar: Heat wave conditions continued to prevail in Odisha with the temperature crossing 45 degree Celsius in eight of the 30 districts on Tuesday.
The highest temperature of 46.2 deg C was recorded in the coal belt of Talcher, followed by 46 deg C in Bolangir, 45.7 deg C at Hirakud, 45.5 deg C in Samalpur and Bhawanipatna, 45.4 deg C at Jharsuguda and Sonepur and 45 deg C at Titlagarh, the met office here said.
Though the maximum temperature in state capital Bhubaneswar fell to 38.4 deg C from 40.4 deg C yesterday, the relative humidity ratio touched 79 percent, it said.
Three deaths have been reported due to sun stroke so far during the current summer.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik held a high-level meeting during the day to discuss the situation and the steps being taken to meet it.
The meeting was informed that heatwave conditions were likely to prevail in the interior parts of the state for the next three to four days, officials said.
Normal life was hit in many areas with roads presenting a deserted look as people refrained from venturing out and shops and markets remaining closed during day time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured