Three sentenced to life imprisonment for murder in Orissa
Rourkela: A local court has
sentenced three youths to life imprisonment for kidnapping and
murder of a man last year.
Additional District Sessions Judge, Sundargarh, Ananda
Chandra Behera, convicted the three of kidnapping and murder
of Firoz Ansari (24), son of a businessman, in the district
headquarter town of Sundargarh in May 2009.
The three Arju Yashin (20), Shukru Sethi (23) and
Nihar Kanta Mali (20).
The judge observed that the three deserved death
penalty for their crime but they were awarded life imprisonment considering their tender age.
According to prosecution, the three accused kidnapped
Firoz from April 23, 2009 and demanded Rs five lakh from his
father Jalail Ansari for his release. They had threatened to
kill Firoz if their demand was not met.
After Firoz`s body was found on April 27 from Ib river
bed on the outskirt of the town, the kidnappers threatened to
kill Firoz`s younger brother if the money was not paid.
The police arrested the master-mind of the gang, Arju
Yashin and the other two on May one from Brajrajnagar in
After hearing the judgement, Arju tried in vain to
escape by jumping the court`s boundary wall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!