Three sentenced to life imprisonment for murder in Orissa
Rourkela: A local court has
sentenced three youths to life imprisonment for kidnapping and
murder of a man last year.
Additional District Sessions Judge, Sundargarh, Ananda
Chandra Behera, convicted the three of kidnapping and murder
of Firoz Ansari (24), son of a businessman, in the district
headquarter town of Sundargarh in May 2009.
The three Arju Yashin (20), Shukru Sethi (23) and
Nihar Kanta Mali (20).
The judge observed that the three deserved death
penalty for their crime but they were awarded life imprisonment considering their tender age.
According to prosecution, the three accused kidnapped
Firoz from April 23, 2009 and demanded Rs five lakh from his
father Jalail Ansari for his release. They had threatened to
kill Firoz if their demand was not met.
After Firoz`s body was found on April 27 from Ib river
bed on the outskirt of the town, the kidnappers threatened to
kill Firoz`s younger brother if the money was not paid.
The police arrested the master-mind of the gang, Arju
Yashin and the other two on May one from Brajrajnagar in
After hearing the judgement, Arju tried in vain to
escape by jumping the court`s boundary wall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL