Tribal farmer shot dead by Maoists
Malkangiri (Odisha): A tribal farmer was shot dead by the Maoists who suspected him to be a police informer in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, police said.
About 15 Maoists reached the house of farmer and small time contractor Bhima Sisha (35) of Sishaput under Mudulipada police station in the Maoists-prone district on Monday night.
The ultras told Sisha that he had been summoned to attend a meeting.
As Sisha refused to accompany them, he was dragged out of the house. The miscreants then cut his throat before shooting him dead near the village, police said.
Before leaving the place, the red rebels had left some posters which held Sisha responsible for recent police raids and seizure of arms in Maoist camps at Badadural and Marakapada under Khairput block in the district.
Sisha is a marginal farmer and a small time contractor in the village, located in the inaccessible forest terrain.
Altogether 11 persons were killed by the Maoists this year including five in Khairput block of the tribal dominated district.
Among the victims were the sub-inspector of police of Mudulipada police station Krushna Chandra Rath who was killed by the ultras early this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand