Tribal rally against anti-Maoist operation in Koraput
Koraput (Orissa): Tribals opposing ongoing
anti-Maoist operation in Koraput district, where most wanted
rebel Ramakrishna is suspected to be in hiding, staged a
demonstration at Narayanpatna, about 70 km from here, on Tuesday.
The rally was organised by the Maoist-backed Chasi Mulia
Adivasi Sangha (CMAS), which had recently forcibly grabed
money lenders` lands and attacked a police station at
The demonstrators also demanded immediate release of
tribal men and women who were lodged in jail on charge of
being rebels and attacking the police station.
About 100 tribals allegedly involved in the two counts
are lodged in Koraput jail. Two of them have died in prison.
The demonstrators submitted a memorandum addressed to
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to local block development
Meanwhile, the police have launched a manhunt for
Ramakrishna, who is suspected to have taken shelter in
Narayanpatna jungle along with his son Prithvi.
The search operation has been stepped up since the arrest
of Ramakrishna`s wife Padma on November 14 from an area near
Koraput, bordering Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash