Two women Maoists surrender before Orissa Police
Keonjhar: Unable to cope with
life inside the jungle and alleged atrocities in the
organisation, two women Maoist cadre today surrendered before the police in Orissa`s Keonjhar district.
The women cadre were identified as Malini Hosa alias
Muni (20) and 17-year-old Bela Munda alias Lili. Both of them
surrendered before Superintendent of Police (SP) Asish Kumar
Alleging the Maoists no more operate on any ideology,
the women cadre said they were physically abused in the
"There were 40 women and 30 men in our area
committee," Malini said.
Malini, who was a member of Similipal Area Committee
since 2008, said she walked on foot for seven days in order to
surrender before the police. She "confessed" to having been
involved in one murder case and several violent acts.
Bela Munda alias Lili said that she was forcibly
recruited into the organisation when she was oly 14-years-old.
"I was not allowed to come home even to attend the funeral of
my parents," she told reporters with tears in her eyes.
She said women cadre had to work under several adverse
conditions in the organisation and that many others also
wanted to return to the mainstream.
"The Home Return programme of the district police
encouraged the duo to surrender today," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack