Western Odisha lawyers to intensify stir over High Court bench
Sambalpur: Demanding a High Court bench in the region, the Central Action Committee (CAC) of the Western Odisha Bar Association on Thursday decided to paralyse functioning of the state and central government offices in nine districts during the next Assembly session.
The decision was taken in a meeting held at the Sambalpur Bar Association`s office. The CAC also decided to observe `Chetabani Saptaha` from January 21 to January 28.
"The CAC has decided that lawyers from across the region will abstain from court work during this period. Only urgent matters will be dealt," said CAC convener, Ashok Dash.
"Demonstrations will be held in front of the state secretariat on January 29 and 30 demanding establishment of the high court bench," Dash said.
A decision was also taken to paralyse functioning of the state and central government offices across the region during the Assembly session, he said.
Core committee members of the CAC would launch a fast-unto-death in front of the office of the revenue divisional commissioner, northern division at Sambalpur during the session demanding a high court bench in western Odisha, Dash added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!