Woman`s `hubby` turns out to be female!
Rourkela: It took more than six
months for 27-year-old Minati Khatua here in Rourkela to
realise that she had married a woman and not a man.
But when she realised, her `husband` had by then vanished
with a car and a jeep bought with loans taken from a bank in
Minati on Friday lodged a complaint with the local police
which registered it as a case of cheating and was probing the
The police said that Minati married Sitakant Routray, a
frequent visitor to her sister`s house at Golghar here where
she was staying, in a temple and the next day their marriage
was registered before a notary.
Though the two stayed together, there was no physical
relation between them as the fraudster convinced her that he
was observing a special `brata` for six months after which a
puja would be performed at Jagannath temple in Puri.
After two months, the couple visited Minati`s native
village in Cuttack district where her relatives grew
suspicious of him and told her about this. Minati subsequently
found out that Sitakant was a woman posing as a man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof