Woman`s `hubby` turns out to be female!
Rourkela: It took more than six
months for 27-year-old Minati Khatua here in Rourkela to
realise that she had married a woman and not a man.
But when she realised, her `husband` had by then vanished
with a car and a jeep bought with loans taken from a bank in
Minati on Friday lodged a complaint with the local police
which registered it as a case of cheating and was probing the
The police said that Minati married Sitakant Routray, a
frequent visitor to her sister`s house at Golghar here where
she was staying, in a temple and the next day their marriage
was registered before a notary.
Though the two stayed together, there was no physical
relation between them as the fraudster convinced her that he
was observing a special `brata` for six months after which a
puja would be performed at Jagannath temple in Puri.
After two months, the couple visited Minati`s native
village in Cuttack district where her relatives grew
suspicious of him and told her about this. Minati subsequently
found out that Sitakant was a woman posing as a man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?