489 polling stations sensitive in Patiala
Patiala: A total of 489 polling stations across eight constituencies in the district have been identified as sensitive as Punjab gears up for Assembly elections slated for January 30.
Out of a total of 1,392 polling stations in the district
489 are sensitive and 150 hyper sensitive, Patiala Deputy
Commissioner and District Electoral Officer Vikas Garg told
reporters while briefing them about preparations for the
A total of 12,28,637 voters in the district will exercise
their franchise in the coming Assembly elections out of which
6,52,029 are men and 5,76,895 women, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Six minors killed in house blaze in Uttar Pradesh
- Shrinking US presence in Afghanistan creates security concerns: Report
- Bangladesh pacer Shahadat Hossain apologizes for torturing 11-year-old girl, asks for end to ban
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover's special YOGA session before wedding!
- Vijay Mallya says keen on paying up dues, but Rs 9000 default figure artificially inflated