Acid attack on bride: Victim taken to Mumbai for treatment
Ludhiana: Days after a man threw acid on a bride at a beauty parlour here, the 22-year-old victim, who was in the ICU of a local hospital here was sent to Mumbai for specialised treatment.
She would be admitted in the National Burns Centre there.
The victim was taken to Chandigarh earlier today, from where she boarded a flight to Mumbai later.
The woman was accompanied by her mother, brother and two doctors.
Stating that the police would bear the entire cost of her treatment and the stay of the family at Mumbai, Ludhiana Police Commissioner N S Dhillon told reporters that two police officials would also reach Mumbai over the next couple of days to help the victim and her family.
"Our duty is not confined to arrest culprits only. We also have a social and human duty to perform," he said.
Three days back police had arrested six persons, including a woman who masterminded the attack.
Amitpal Kaur, the woman, Parvinder Singh alias Vicky, the attacker, and four of their associates were arrested from Patiala, police had said.
Investigations had revealed that the bride was not the intended target of the act planned by Kaur, the divorced wife of the elder brother of the groom, seeking revenge on the groom`s family.
The victim, a resident of Barnala, had gone to a beauty parlour in Sarabha Nagar in Ludhiana to get ready for her marriage when the young man barged in and threw acid on her and fled the spot on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city