ASI commits suicide in Punjab
Fatehgarh Sahib (Pb): An Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI) allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service revolver at his residence in Mandi here.
Sukhwinder Singh, who was to attend training for a promotion course, was found dead by a police official who had gone to his residence last late night to intimate him about his medical examination scheduled for today.
According to Amloh DSP Arshdeep Singh, the ASI was allegedly in depression and was also suffering from Asthma and blood pressure.
According to police sources, Singh had reported for duty on August 6, but was not called for duty for the next two days as he had to undergo training.
His wife and daughter were away, tending to an ill relative at the time of the incident.
A post-mortem is being conducted and a case has been registered, the DSP said.
The deceased had two children from his first marriage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’