ASI commits suicide in Punjab
Fatehgarh Sahib (Pb): An Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI) allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service revolver at his residence in Mandi here.
Sukhwinder Singh, who was to attend training for a promotion course, was found dead by a police official who had gone to his residence last late night to intimate him about his medical examination scheduled for today.
According to Amloh DSP Arshdeep Singh, the ASI was allegedly in depression and was also suffering from Asthma and blood pressure.
According to police sources, Singh had reported for duty on August 6, but was not called for duty for the next two days as he had to undergo training.
His wife and daughter were away, tending to an ill relative at the time of the incident.
A post-mortem is being conducted and a case has been registered, the DSP said.
The deceased had two children from his first marriage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje