Badal accuses UPA govt of ignoring Punjab
Muktsar: Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today charged the Congress led UPA government at the Centre with ignoring Punjab and stalling development projects in the state for its vested political interests.
A number of important projects of public importance were hanging in fire despite of the completion of the entire work because the Union government was not granting the permission to operationalise them, he told reporters here.
Badal earlier inaugurated 55th Panjab University Zonal Youth and Heritage festival at Guru Gobind Singh College.
Citing an example, he said that the total civil work of the Bathinda Air port has been completed but the Union Civil Aviation Ministry was not granting the permission to operate flights from there.
Badal said that he had personally taken up this matter with the top brass of the Union government but of no avail.
It has vindicated our stand that the Congress party has always adopted an anti-Punjab stance, the chief minister said, adding that there was an unending list of such instances.
"The Congress leadership must desist from stooping too low because the wise people of Punjab will never spare them for these sinister activities," added Badal.
Replying to another query, the Chief Minister said that the SAD-BJP alliance would sweep the upcoming polls for Delhi Assembly adding that "fed up by the rampant corruption and inflation the wise voters of Delhi would show door to the Congress party."
SAD being a key ally of the NDA would extend full support and cooperation to the BJP in routing the Congress party first from Delhi and then from the entire country, he said.
Expressing concern over the massive destruction caused by cyclonic storm `Phailin` in east coastal areas of Odisha and Andhra Pradesh, Badal said the Punjab government would make every endeavour to help the two affected states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured