Badal approves budget of Rs 74 cr for `Virasat-e-Khalsa`
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Tuesday approved a budget of Rs 74.55 crore for construction of second phase of `Virasat-e-Khalsa` project to showcase and preserve the history of Sikhs.
He was presiding over the meeting of Anandpur Sahib Foundation Trust here today.
Badal also directed the finance department to release Rs 44.52 crore to mitigate the shortfall of the estimated budget for the project.
Expressing the need to imbibe the great Sikh ideology and rich cultural values of the community in the minds of the young generation, Badal asked them chalk out a comprehensive plan to initiate cultural activities like organising plays every weekend at various memorials sites.
Badal also directed the cultural affairs department to hold regular meetings of the Trust, according to an official release here.
He Chief Minister also reviewed the detailed design of the Phase II of Virasat-e-Khalsa, which was already approved by the Concept Committee comprising eminent Sikh scholars and historians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users