Badal approves budget of Rs 74 cr for `Virasat-e-Khalsa`
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Tuesday approved a budget of Rs 74.55 crore for construction of second phase of `Virasat-e-Khalsa` project to showcase and preserve the history of Sikhs.
He was presiding over the meeting of Anandpur Sahib Foundation Trust here today.
Badal also directed the finance department to release Rs 44.52 crore to mitigate the shortfall of the estimated budget for the project.
Expressing the need to imbibe the great Sikh ideology and rich cultural values of the community in the minds of the young generation, Badal asked them chalk out a comprehensive plan to initiate cultural activities like organising plays every weekend at various memorials sites.
Badal also directed the cultural affairs department to hold regular meetings of the Trust, according to an official release here.
He Chief Minister also reviewed the detailed design of the Phase II of Virasat-e-Khalsa, which was already approved by the Concept Committee comprising eminent Sikh scholars and historians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly