Badal approves budget of Rs 74 cr for `Virasat-e-Khalsa`
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Tuesday approved a budget of Rs 74.55 crore for construction of second phase of `Virasat-e-Khalsa` project to showcase and preserve the history of Sikhs.
He was presiding over the meeting of Anandpur Sahib Foundation Trust here today.
Badal also directed the finance department to release Rs 44.52 crore to mitigate the shortfall of the estimated budget for the project.
Expressing the need to imbibe the great Sikh ideology and rich cultural values of the community in the minds of the young generation, Badal asked them chalk out a comprehensive plan to initiate cultural activities like organising plays every weekend at various memorials sites.
Badal also directed the cultural affairs department to hold regular meetings of the Trust, according to an official release here.
He Chief Minister also reviewed the detailed design of the Phase II of Virasat-e-Khalsa, which was already approved by the Concept Committee comprising eminent Sikh scholars and historians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read