Badal approves budget of Rs 74 cr for `Virasat-e-Khalsa`
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Tuesday approved a budget of Rs 74.55 crore for construction of second phase of `Virasat-e-Khalsa` project to showcase and preserve the history of Sikhs.
He was presiding over the meeting of Anandpur Sahib Foundation Trust here today.
Badal also directed the finance department to release Rs 44.52 crore to mitigate the shortfall of the estimated budget for the project.
Expressing the need to imbibe the great Sikh ideology and rich cultural values of the community in the minds of the young generation, Badal asked them chalk out a comprehensive plan to initiate cultural activities like organising plays every weekend at various memorials sites.
Badal also directed the cultural affairs department to hold regular meetings of the Trust, according to an official release here.
He Chief Minister also reviewed the detailed design of the Phase II of Virasat-e-Khalsa, which was already approved by the Concept Committee comprising eminent Sikh scholars and historians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand