Badal approves budget of Rs 74 cr for `Virasat-e-Khalsa`
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal Tuesday approved a budget of Rs 74.55 crore for construction of second phase of `Virasat-e-Khalsa` project to showcase and preserve the history of Sikhs.
He was presiding over the meeting of Anandpur Sahib Foundation Trust here today.
Badal also directed the finance department to release Rs 44.52 crore to mitigate the shortfall of the estimated budget for the project.
Expressing the need to imbibe the great Sikh ideology and rich cultural values of the community in the minds of the young generation, Badal asked them chalk out a comprehensive plan to initiate cultural activities like organising plays every weekend at various memorials sites.
Badal also directed the cultural affairs department to hold regular meetings of the Trust, according to an official release here.
He Chief Minister also reviewed the detailed design of the Phase II of Virasat-e-Khalsa, which was already approved by the Concept Committee comprising eminent Sikh scholars and historians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Bombay HC allows women to enter inner sanctum of Haji Ali Dargah; activists hail 'momentous' verdict
- Pakistan's Sami Aslam reveals why he always recalls these words from Sachin Tendulkar's retirement speech
- Subramanian Swamy fires fresh salvo at Raghuram Rajan, claims he has no degree in economics
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today