Badal spending more time to bring angry Akalis on
Moga: Taking a dig at Parkash Singh Badal, Punjab Congress President Amarinder Singh on Monday said the Chief Minister in ‘desperate bid to convince’ alienated Akali leaders to support SAD candidate Joginderpal Jain was spending more time knocking on their doors than being among people.
Addressing a public meeting at village Rattian here, Amarinder said the 85-year-old Chief Minister should not waste his time and energy by "staying overnight with dissident Akali leaders in Moga in order to bring them on board".
Several senior Akali leaders including Tota Singh and ex-DGP PS Gill have opposed candidature of Jain who recently resigned from Congress and was now being fielded by SAD for Moga bypoll.
In the 2012 assembly polls, Gill representing SAD had lost the Moga constituency to Jain who was then a Congress candidate.
Meanwhile addressing poll rallies here in Jain`s favour, Chief Minister Badal said SAD-BJP was going to the people on the plank of development, peace and communal harmony "whereas the Congress was still trying to employ it`s failed strategy of divide and rule."
Claiming that the SAD-BJP alliance was "a symbol of Hindu-Sikh unity", he alleged that the divisive politics pursued by Congress had adversely affected the Hindu-Sikh unity in the region.
Terming Moga by-poll as an historic occasion to teach Congress a lesson, Badal appealed the voters of the Moga to vote for strengthening the communal harmony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics