Badal welcomes relaxation of visa between India an
Chohla Sahib: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday said relaxation of visa norms between India and Pakistan would usher a new era of economic development by promoting bilateral trade, thereby benefiting the country in general and Punjab in particular.
Talking to mediapersons after inaugurating the 220KV Grid station here today, the Chief Minister said the Indo-Pak trade has already got a major fillip with the opening of Integrated Check Post at Attari-Wagah border but it could be enhanced manifolds if visa norms between both the countries are relaxed.
Emphasizing on abolistion of the physical barriers between the two countries, Badal said the age old socio-cultural ties between India and Pakistan could be strengthened through people to people contact.
Badal said free trade between the two countries would play a pivotal role in the development of the border areas of the state.
Addressing a gathering, the Chief Minister said the state government was committed to the development of border areas for which "path-breaking" initiatives were being taken by them.
He said that soon a Skill Centre would be opened at Chohla Sahib in which experts from the foreign companies would impart technical training to the youth of the area thereby enabling them to earn their livelihood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi