Badal welcomes relaxation of visa between India an
Chohla Sahib: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday said relaxation of visa norms between India and Pakistan would usher a new era of economic development by promoting bilateral trade, thereby benefiting the country in general and Punjab in particular.
Talking to mediapersons after inaugurating the 220KV Grid station here today, the Chief Minister said the Indo-Pak trade has already got a major fillip with the opening of Integrated Check Post at Attari-Wagah border but it could be enhanced manifolds if visa norms between both the countries are relaxed.
Emphasizing on abolistion of the physical barriers between the two countries, Badal said the age old socio-cultural ties between India and Pakistan could be strengthened through people to people contact.
Badal said free trade between the two countries would play a pivotal role in the development of the border areas of the state.
Addressing a gathering, the Chief Minister said the state government was committed to the development of border areas for which "path-breaking" initiatives were being taken by them.
He said that soon a Skill Centre would be opened at Chohla Sahib in which experts from the foreign companies would impart technical training to the youth of the area thereby enabling them to earn their livelihood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi