Badal welcomes relaxation of visa between India an
Chohla Sahib: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday said relaxation of visa norms between India and Pakistan would usher a new era of economic development by promoting bilateral trade, thereby benefiting the country in general and Punjab in particular.
Talking to mediapersons after inaugurating the 220KV Grid station here today, the Chief Minister said the Indo-Pak trade has already got a major fillip with the opening of Integrated Check Post at Attari-Wagah border but it could be enhanced manifolds if visa norms between both the countries are relaxed.
Emphasizing on abolistion of the physical barriers between the two countries, Badal said the age old socio-cultural ties between India and Pakistan could be strengthened through people to people contact.
Badal said free trade between the two countries would play a pivotal role in the development of the border areas of the state.
Addressing a gathering, the Chief Minister said the state government was committed to the development of border areas for which "path-breaking" initiatives were being taken by them.
He said that soon a Skill Centre would be opened at Chohla Sahib in which experts from the foreign companies would impart technical training to the youth of the area thereby enabling them to earn their livelihood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Russian athletics mess: Gloom and anger for athletes due to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- BSP workers hold protest, demand arrest of Dayashankar Singh
- BJP has no CM candidate in UP: Digvijaya
- Mamata flays PM Modi for destroying federalism, growing 'saffronisation'
- No country can put itself opposite NPT: China