Bhagat Singh centenary scam: Badal admits fraud, assures action
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash
Singh Badal on Thursday assured the state Assembly that proper legal
action would be taken against those involved in the alleged
fraud during the Bhagat Singh`s birth centenary celebrations
"The probe carried out by the Vigilance Bureau into the
scam had been forwarded to the legal cell...I feel that
embezzlement took place...proper legal action will be taken
against guilty," Badal said.
A Vigilance Bureau probe recently revealed embezzlement
of nearly Rs one crore from the Centre`s grant for holding the
celebrations while event organiser Punjab Arts Council (PAC)
claims to have spent Rs 3.05 crore on the function.
Luv Kumar Goldy (Congress) alleged that fake bills of
Rs 3.5 crore were fabricated at the same time demanding a
House committee to probe the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?