Bhagat Singh centenary scam: Badal admits fraud, assures action
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash
Singh Badal on Thursday assured the state Assembly that proper legal
action would be taken against those involved in the alleged
fraud during the Bhagat Singh`s birth centenary celebrations
"The probe carried out by the Vigilance Bureau into the
scam had been forwarded to the legal cell...I feel that
embezzlement took place...proper legal action will be taken
against guilty," Badal said.
A Vigilance Bureau probe recently revealed embezzlement
of nearly Rs one crore from the Centre`s grant for holding the
celebrations while event organiser Punjab Arts Council (PAC)
claims to have spent Rs 3.05 crore on the function.
Luv Kumar Goldy (Congress) alleged that fake bills of
Rs 3.5 crore were fabricated at the same time demanding a
House committee to probe the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000