Bhagat Singh centenary scam: Badal admits fraud, assures action
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash
Singh Badal on Thursday assured the state Assembly that proper legal
action would be taken against those involved in the alleged
fraud during the Bhagat Singh`s birth centenary celebrations
"The probe carried out by the Vigilance Bureau into the
scam had been forwarded to the legal cell...I feel that
embezzlement took place...proper legal action will be taken
against guilty," Badal said.
A Vigilance Bureau probe recently revealed embezzlement
of nearly Rs one crore from the Centre`s grant for holding the
celebrations while event organiser Punjab Arts Council (PAC)
claims to have spent Rs 3.05 crore on the function.
Luv Kumar Goldy (Congress) alleged that fake bills of
Rs 3.5 crore were fabricated at the same time demanding a
House committee to probe the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family