Bhagat Singh centenary scam: Badal admits fraud, assures action
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash
Singh Badal on Thursday assured the state Assembly that proper legal
action would be taken against those involved in the alleged
fraud during the Bhagat Singh`s birth centenary celebrations
"The probe carried out by the Vigilance Bureau into the
scam had been forwarded to the legal cell...I feel that
embezzlement took place...proper legal action will be taken
against guilty," Badal said.
A Vigilance Bureau probe recently revealed embezzlement
of nearly Rs one crore from the Centre`s grant for holding the
celebrations while event organiser Punjab Arts Council (PAC)
claims to have spent Rs 3.05 crore on the function.
Luv Kumar Goldy (Congress) alleged that fake bills of
Rs 3.5 crore were fabricated at the same time demanding a
House committee to probe the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him