BJP MLA in Punjab resigns from party post
Chandigarh: A BJP MLA in Punjab has resigned
from the post of the party`s Chief Parliamentary Secretary
citing health reasons.
Jagdish Sawhney, who represents the Batala seat in the
state assembly has sent his resignation letter to state party
chief Ashwini Sharma.
Firebrand Sawhney was critical of BJP ministers in
Badal`s cabinet Laxmi Kanta Chawla and Master Mohan Lal during
the recently concluded budget session of the state assembly on
issues pertaining to his constituency.
However, when contacted the state BJP Chief said, "There
are no differences among BJP leaders in the state. Sawhney had
told me he was unwell and as such will not be able to carry
on with the responsibilities of CPS."
Meanwhile, the main opposition Congress said it is fully
geared up for party Chief Sonia Gandhi`s visit to Amritsar on
April 13 on the occasion of the party`s 125th anniversary
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani