BJP MLA in Punjab resigns from party post
Chandigarh: A BJP MLA in Punjab has resigned
from the post of the party`s Chief Parliamentary Secretary
citing health reasons.
Jagdish Sawhney, who represents the Batala seat in the
state assembly has sent his resignation letter to state party
chief Ashwini Sharma.
Firebrand Sawhney was critical of BJP ministers in
Badal`s cabinet Laxmi Kanta Chawla and Master Mohan Lal during
the recently concluded budget session of the state assembly on
issues pertaining to his constituency.
However, when contacted the state BJP Chief said, "There
are no differences among BJP leaders in the state. Sawhney had
told me he was unwell and as such will not be able to carry
on with the responsibilities of CPS."
Meanwhile, the main opposition Congress said it is fully
geared up for party Chief Sonia Gandhi`s visit to Amritsar on
April 13 on the occasion of the party`s 125th anniversary
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan