BJP MLA in Punjab resigns from party post
Chandigarh: A BJP MLA in Punjab has resigned
from the post of the party`s Chief Parliamentary Secretary
citing health reasons.
Jagdish Sawhney, who represents the Batala seat in the
state assembly has sent his resignation letter to state party
chief Ashwini Sharma.
Firebrand Sawhney was critical of BJP ministers in
Badal`s cabinet Laxmi Kanta Chawla and Master Mohan Lal during
the recently concluded budget session of the state assembly on
issues pertaining to his constituency.
However, when contacted the state BJP Chief said, "There
are no differences among BJP leaders in the state. Sawhney had
told me he was unwell and as such will not be able to carry
on with the responsibilities of CPS."
Meanwhile, the main opposition Congress said it is fully
geared up for party Chief Sonia Gandhi`s visit to Amritsar on
April 13 on the occasion of the party`s 125th anniversary
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?