Cash-at-judge`s door: Case adjourned till Oct 22
Chandigarh: A special CBI court here on Saturday adjourned till October 22 the hearing in the cash-at-judge`s
door case against former Punjab and Haryana High Court judge
"Special CBI Judge Ritu Tagore is on leave today and the
case will be taken up on the next hearing," Anupam Gupta,
Special Public Prosecutor of the CBI, said.
On previous hearing held on September 16, Justice Yadav
had sought permanent exemption from appearing before the
Special CBI Court in the 2008 case against her on health
The Special CBI Judge had granted her exemption on that
day while directing the prosecution to file its reply on
Yadav`s plea on October 8.
While seeking exemption from appearance in the case,
Justice Yadav`s counsel had submitted before the Court that
the former Judge had crossed the age of 62 years and was not
in a position to come from Gurgaon, where she resides, due to
health reasons as she is a diabetic and suffering from
On August 27, Yadav had appeared for the first time
before the CBI Special Court and was granted bail after
furnishing a bond.
The case had rocked the Punjab and Haryana High Court
after Rs 15 lakh was wrongly delivered at the residence of
Justice Nirmaljit Kaur, another judge of the High Court in
Chandigarh, on August 13, 2008 following which she reported
the matter to the Chandigarh Police.
The money, allegedly meant for Justice Yadav, was said to
have been delivered to Justice Kaur due to confusion over
Later, Yadav was transferred as a judge of the
Uttarakhand High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj