Class X student raped, 3 held in Punjab
Bathinda: A girl, student of class X, was allegedly raped by two persons, both brothers, and later dumped near a colony here from a car having a red beacon atop, police said on Sunday.
Three persons, including both the brothers, had been arrested and the vehicle, belonging to the power utilities office, seized, SSP R S Brar said.
A case of rape was registered yesterday following a complaint filed by the girl`s parents, he said.
The girl had fled from her house after she was scolded by her mother for allegedly stealing a mobile phone of her tutor on February 28.
The girl`s parents alleged in the complaint that one Varinderjeet, who was known to the girl, and his brother raped the girl in a house in Birtalab village.
They later left her near MES colony here, according to the complaint.
Gurjeet Singh alias Kala, the driver of the red beacon vehicle, was also arrested, the SSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'