Cold wave continues unabated in Punjab, Narnaul coldest at 2.6 deg C
Chandigarh: The ongoing cold wave sweeping Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, today continued unabated, with Narnaul turning out to be the coldest place in the two states at 2.6 degrees Celsius.
Piercing cold also swept Hisar and Karnal, which recorded identical minimum temperature of 3 deg C each, both down by six degrees.
Ambala also had a cold night at 6.4 deg C, down three notches, while Bhiwani`s
low settled at 6.6 deg C.
Cold conditions also had Chandigarh under its grip, with night temperature here settling at 6 deg C, two notches below normal.
In Punjab, Amritsar, where the minimum yesterday had dropped close to the freezing point, today again turned out to be the coldest place in the State at 3 deg C, three degrees below normal.
Ludhiana experienced a cold night at 5.9 deg C, three below normal, while Patiala`s minimum settled at 6 deg C, also down by three notches.
According to the MeT, the minimum temperatures would continue to hover below normal In the two states for the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory