Cold wave continues unabated in Punjab, Narnaul coldest at 2.6 deg C
Chandigarh: The ongoing cold wave sweeping Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, today continued unabated, with Narnaul turning out to be the coldest place in the two states at 2.6 degrees Celsius.
Piercing cold also swept Hisar and Karnal, which recorded identical minimum temperature of 3 deg C each, both down by six degrees.
Ambala also had a cold night at 6.4 deg C, down three notches, while Bhiwani`s
low settled at 6.6 deg C.
Cold conditions also had Chandigarh under its grip, with night temperature here settling at 6 deg C, two notches below normal.
In Punjab, Amritsar, where the minimum yesterday had dropped close to the freezing point, today again turned out to be the coldest place in the State at 3 deg C, three degrees below normal.
Ludhiana experienced a cold night at 5.9 deg C, three below normal, while Patiala`s minimum settled at 6 deg C, also down by three notches.
According to the MeT, the minimum temperatures would continue to hover below normal In the two states for the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'