Cold wave continues unabated in Punjab, Narnaul coldest at 2.6 deg C
Chandigarh: The ongoing cold wave sweeping Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, today continued unabated, with Narnaul turning out to be the coldest place in the two states at 2.6 degrees Celsius.
Piercing cold also swept Hisar and Karnal, which recorded identical minimum temperature of 3 deg C each, both down by six degrees.
Ambala also had a cold night at 6.4 deg C, down three notches, while Bhiwani`s
low settled at 6.6 deg C.
Cold conditions also had Chandigarh under its grip, with night temperature here settling at 6 deg C, two notches below normal.
In Punjab, Amritsar, where the minimum yesterday had dropped close to the freezing point, today again turned out to be the coldest place in the State at 3 deg C, three degrees below normal.
Ludhiana experienced a cold night at 5.9 deg C, three below normal, while Patiala`s minimum settled at 6 deg C, also down by three notches.
According to the MeT, the minimum temperatures would continue to hover below normal In the two states for the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda