Congress brought terrorism to Punjab: Jaitley
Amritsar: Flaring up the political heat in poll-bound Punjab, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Arun Jaitley has slammed the Congress party by saying that the party brought only terrorism to Punjab.
"Congress brought terrorism to Punjab, the Akali-BJP government has brought development back to Punjab, the Akali-BJP government has brought back to Punjab social harmony, which the Congress had spoiled," Jaitley told media here on Saturday.
Punjab is one of five states due to hold elections this year. As per the schedule planned by Election Commission, the state Assembly poll in Punjab would be held on January 30.
In Punjab, the main battle is expected to be between the Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD)-Bharatiya Janata Party alliance and the Congress party. Sukhbir Singh Badal, the Deputy Chief Minister of Punjab and son of Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, heads the SAD.
Meanwhile firing a salvo against Congress party in Dehradun, senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi said that Congress is gripped with allegations of corruption and hence facing difficulties in elections.
"Congress is facing lot of difficulties everywhere and the reason why it is happening is because the government has broken all records of corruption and now they are helping the tainted ministers also," said Joshi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'