Congress questions SAD about Modi`s RSS agenda
Chandigarh: Congress on Thursday charged NDA`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi with following RSS agenda and sought clarification from its ally SAD in Punjab whether it approved such a move.
"The policies of RSS are against the Sikhs. Modi himself had maintained that he is following the RSS ideology," AICC secretary Kuljeet Singh Nagra claimed during debate on Governor`s address in the Punjab Assembly, and asked Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal whether he approved Modi`s RSS agenda.
"Badal must clarify his stand on the floor of the House," Nagra said even as treasury benches shouted back at him and Badal remained a quiet spectator.
Joining the issue, Congress MLA Laal Singh also sought to know from BJP whether it was still still committed to its agenda of building a Ram temple.
"The BJP once came to power by playing with the sentiments of the people by claiming that the party will build Ram temple at Ayodhya...Where has the agenda of BJP gone?" he asked.
There were heated exchanges between treasury and opposition members when Nagra raked up the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Cricket in America: India-West Indies to play three T20Is in Florida in late August
- My film choices are erratic: Varun Dhawan
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 630—Pragya still loves Abhi, tries to win him back!
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro to be launched today; Is Mi Notebook on the way too?
- Income Tax raid at AAP legislator's residence