Congress questions SAD about Modi`s RSS agenda
Chandigarh: Congress on Thursday charged NDA`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi with following RSS agenda and sought clarification from its ally SAD in Punjab whether it approved such a move.
"The policies of RSS are against the Sikhs. Modi himself had maintained that he is following the RSS ideology," AICC secretary Kuljeet Singh Nagra claimed during debate on Governor`s address in the Punjab Assembly, and asked Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal whether he approved Modi`s RSS agenda.
"Badal must clarify his stand on the floor of the House," Nagra said even as treasury benches shouted back at him and Badal remained a quiet spectator.
Joining the issue, Congress MLA Laal Singh also sought to know from BJP whether it was still still committed to its agenda of building a Ram temple.
"The BJP once came to power by playing with the sentiments of the people by claiming that the party will build Ram temple at Ayodhya...Where has the agenda of BJP gone?" he asked.
There were heated exchanges between treasury and opposition members when Nagra raked up the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?