Congress questions SAD about Modi`s RSS agenda
Chandigarh: Congress on Thursday charged NDA`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi with following RSS agenda and sought clarification from its ally SAD in Punjab whether it approved such a move.
"The policies of RSS are against the Sikhs. Modi himself had maintained that he is following the RSS ideology," AICC secretary Kuljeet Singh Nagra claimed during debate on Governor`s address in the Punjab Assembly, and asked Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal whether he approved Modi`s RSS agenda.
"Badal must clarify his stand on the floor of the House," Nagra said even as treasury benches shouted back at him and Badal remained a quiet spectator.
Joining the issue, Congress MLA Laal Singh also sought to know from BJP whether it was still still committed to its agenda of building a Ram temple.
"The BJP once came to power by playing with the sentiments of the people by claiming that the party will build Ram temple at Ayodhya...Where has the agenda of BJP gone?" he asked.
There were heated exchanges between treasury and opposition members when Nagra raked up the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi