Consumer Forum imposes Rs 30k fine on a gas agency
Faridkot: The Consumer Disputes Redressal
Forum on Thursday imposed a fine of Rs 30,000 on a gas agency for
delaying delivery of cylinders to an elderly woman.
Kailash Rani, a widow, had filed a complaint in the
forum alleging that the gas agency was harassing her by
delaying the supply of LPG cylinder to her.
The Forum in its order observed that the gas agency
had been misusing a directive by Deputy Commissioner, which
directed the gas agencies not to refill cylinders before
expiry of 21 days after booking, during the gas shortage.
Though the order, given last winter was to be
implemented till March 31, but the agency kept delaying the
delivery citing the directive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur