Consumer Forum imposes Rs 30k fine on a gas agency
Faridkot: The Consumer Disputes Redressal
Forum on Thursday imposed a fine of Rs 30,000 on a gas agency for
delaying delivery of cylinders to an elderly woman.
Kailash Rani, a widow, had filed a complaint in the
forum alleging that the gas agency was harassing her by
delaying the supply of LPG cylinder to her.
The Forum in its order observed that the gas agency
had been misusing a directive by Deputy Commissioner, which
directed the gas agencies not to refill cylinders before
expiry of 21 days after booking, during the gas shortage.
Though the order, given last winter was to be
implemented till March 31, but the agency kept delaying the
delivery citing the directive.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living