Consumer Forum imposes Rs 30k fine on a gas agency
Faridkot: The Consumer Disputes Redressal
Forum on Thursday imposed a fine of Rs 30,000 on a gas agency for
delaying delivery of cylinders to an elderly woman.
Kailash Rani, a widow, had filed a complaint in the
forum alleging that the gas agency was harassing her by
delaying the supply of LPG cylinder to her.
The Forum in its order observed that the gas agency
had been misusing a directive by Deputy Commissioner, which
directed the gas agencies not to refill cylinders before
expiry of 21 days after booking, during the gas shortage.
Though the order, given last winter was to be
implemented till March 31, but the agency kept delaying the
delivery citing the directive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites