Dal Khalsa flays VVIP treatment to Jagir Kaur
Amritsar: Radical Sikh outfit Dal Khalsa on Sunday took a dig at Punjab government for allegedly extending VVIP treatment to former minister Jagir Kaur, who is in jail for conspiring in forcible abortion and abduction in the
killing of her daughter 12 years ago.
"Punjab government is violating constitution by extending
VVIP treatment to Bibi Jagir Kaur lodged in Kapurthala jail,
party`s secretary for human rights Pritpal Singh said.
Blaming the jail ministry for flouting the norms, he said
it happens only in India, where political bigwigs and rich
are considered above the law.
He urged the Governor of Punjab to take suo motu notice
of violation of norms by jail authorities.
Slamming Jagir Kaur for showing no genuine remorse, he
said she must resign from the membership of the SGPC.
Even if the Sikh Gurdwara Act, 1925 is silent on the
issue, she should resign on moral ground. "Her stubbornness to
continue as SGPC member would bring disgrace to the apex
institution of the Sikhs", he said.
He criticized Parkash Singh Badal government for
prolonging the detention of Sikh leaders (hardliners)
including Khalsa Action Commitee chairman Mohkam Singh, Daljit
Singh, Simarnjit Singh Mann and several others allegedly on
These leaders were arrested during the Punjab bandh call
given in support of the demand for saving death row convict in
Beant Singh killing case Balwant Singh Rajoana from the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll
- Renault Kwid 1.0-litre to be launched in India today
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film