Dargah`s religious head asks PM to lodge protest with US
Ajmer: The Ajmer Dargah`s religious head Saturday asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to lodge a strong protest with the United States in connection with a movie deemed offensive to Islam.
In a statement here, Syed Zainual Abedin Ali Khan, Dewan of the Dargah of revered Sufi saint Khawaja Moinuddin Chisti, appealed to community members to maintain peace and harmony in line with Islamic values and traditions.
The Prime Minister should lodge a strong protest with the US for allowing its soil in making of an anti-Islamic movie intending to hurt sentiments of Muslim across the globe, he said.
The Muslim world is deeply saddened by the content of this movie deliberately circulated on social networking sites, he said.
The series of protests and demonstrations across the globe sends a loud and clear message that defaming Islam will not be tolerated and accepted, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note