Dargah`s religious head asks PM to lodge protest with US
Ajmer: The Ajmer Dargah`s religious head Saturday asked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to lodge a strong protest with the United States in connection with a movie deemed offensive to Islam.
In a statement here, Syed Zainual Abedin Ali Khan, Dewan of the Dargah of revered Sufi saint Khawaja Moinuddin Chisti, appealed to community members to maintain peace and harmony in line with Islamic values and traditions.
The Prime Minister should lodge a strong protest with the US for allowing its soil in making of an anti-Islamic movie intending to hurt sentiments of Muslim across the globe, he said.
The Muslim world is deeply saddened by the content of this movie deliberately circulated on social networking sites, he said.
The series of protests and demonstrations across the globe sends a loud and clear message that defaming Islam will not be tolerated and accepted, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account