Day-time chill intensifies across Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: The day-time chill further intensified across Punjab and Haryana even though the minimum temperature Monday settled a few notches above normal.
The maximum at Hisar in Haryana yesterday settled at 10.7
deg C, eleven degrees below normal, the MeT said here.
Other Haryana towns, including Karnal (11 deg C) and
Ambala (11.4 deg C), also had a cold day yesterday.
Amritsar in Punjab was equally cold registering a high
of 10.8 deg C, down seven notches, while the respective
maximums yesterday at Ludhiana and Patiala were 11.4 deg C and
11.7 deg C.
Chandigarh recorded season`s coldest day yesterday at a
maximum of 11.1 deg C, nine notches below normal.
The MeT said that fog had today lifted from many places
in the two states barring places like Ambala and Rohtak.
Meanwhile, the minimum temperatures for the fourth
consecutive day today settled above normal with Chandigarh
recording a low of 8.7 deg C, up three notches.
In Haryana, Ambala registered a low of 7.3 deg C, up two
notches while the minimum at Hisar was 5.6 deg C, one above
The minimum at Karnal was 8.6 deg C, up two degrees,
while the low at Rohtak settled at 6.4 deg C. Gurgaon recorded
a low of 7 deg C, up two notches.
However, Narnaul was extremely cold recording a low of
2.6 deg C, down two degrees.
In Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala recorded respective lows
of 8.9 deg C and 7.6 deg C, both up by two degrees each.
Amritsar recorded a low of 7.4 deg C, two notches above
The MeT forecast says that cold conditions during the day
are likely to continue in the two states and Chandigarh over
the next two days.
"The North-Westerly winds are keeping the mercury down
during the day-time. The cold conditions during the day will
continue atleast till Wednesday," a MeT official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH