Day-time chill intensifies across Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: The day-time chill further intensified across Punjab and Haryana even though the minimum temperature Monday settled a few notches above normal.
The maximum at Hisar in Haryana yesterday settled at 10.7
deg C, eleven degrees below normal, the MeT said here.
Other Haryana towns, including Karnal (11 deg C) and
Ambala (11.4 deg C), also had a cold day yesterday.
Amritsar in Punjab was equally cold registering a high
of 10.8 deg C, down seven notches, while the respective
maximums yesterday at Ludhiana and Patiala were 11.4 deg C and
11.7 deg C.
Chandigarh recorded season`s coldest day yesterday at a
maximum of 11.1 deg C, nine notches below normal.
The MeT said that fog had today lifted from many places
in the two states barring places like Ambala and Rohtak.
Meanwhile, the minimum temperatures for the fourth
consecutive day today settled above normal with Chandigarh
recording a low of 8.7 deg C, up three notches.
In Haryana, Ambala registered a low of 7.3 deg C, up two
notches while the minimum at Hisar was 5.6 deg C, one above
The minimum at Karnal was 8.6 deg C, up two degrees,
while the low at Rohtak settled at 6.4 deg C. Gurgaon recorded
a low of 7 deg C, up two notches.
However, Narnaul was extremely cold recording a low of
2.6 deg C, down two degrees.
In Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala recorded respective lows
of 8.9 deg C and 7.6 deg C, both up by two degrees each.
Amritsar recorded a low of 7.4 deg C, two notches above
The MeT forecast says that cold conditions during the day
are likely to continue in the two states and Chandigarh over
the next two days.
"The North-Westerly winds are keeping the mercury down
during the day-time. The cold conditions during the day will
continue atleast till Wednesday," a MeT official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow