Days of UPA government numbered: Punjab minister
Chandigarh: Terming the result of Lok Sabha bypolls on two seats as the reflection of "simmering anger" of people against the Congress, Punjab Revenue Minister Bikram Singh Majithia on Sunday said "the days of UPA government are numbered”.
The defeat of Uttarkhand Chief Minister’s son at Tehri and a narrow margin win of President Pranab Mukherjee’s son in Jangipur have proved that the days of Congress led UPA government are numbered, Majithia said.
"The countdown had begun for the next Lok Sabha polls," he said here.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna`s son Saket suffered defeat from Tehri, which reflects the anger among people against Congress, the minister said.
Abhijit Mukherjee, the son of President Pranab Mukherjee, won Jangipur by-election by a narrow margin, he said.
Majithia attacked the UPA government for the price hike of essential commodities.
The frequent hike in prices of petrol, diesel and other petroleum products along with the cap on LPG had exposed the "anti-people" stance of the Congress, he said.
The miseries of farmers, traders and common man have been compounded due to the wrong policies of the Centre, Majithia said.
Majithia also slammed Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi, saying his presence has failed to make any impact on the party`s performance.
He accused the Centre of ignoring Punjab, and said it led to the humiliating defeat of Congress in the state.
- WATCH: Brendon McCullum's unbelievable fielding effort vs Delhi Daredevils in Match 31 of IPL 2016
- I love Karan Patel, but don't want him in my life: Kamya Punjabi
- Get LeEco Le 1s Eco at introductory price of Rs 9,999; flash sale on May 12
- Tamil Nadu Assembly Elections: Did DMK use Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser to target AIADMK, Jayalalithaa over Chennai floods?
- Asthma attack without an inhaler: First aid tips – Watch!