Days of UPA government numbered: Punjab minister
Chandigarh: Terming the result of Lok Sabha bypolls on two seats as the reflection of "simmering anger" of people against the Congress, Punjab Revenue Minister Bikram Singh Majithia on Sunday said "the days of UPA government are numbered”.
The defeat of Uttarkhand Chief Minister’s son at Tehri and a narrow margin win of President Pranab Mukherjee’s son in Jangipur have proved that the days of Congress led UPA government are numbered, Majithia said.
"The countdown had begun for the next Lok Sabha polls," he said here.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna`s son Saket suffered defeat from Tehri, which reflects the anger among people against Congress, the minister said.
Abhijit Mukherjee, the son of President Pranab Mukherjee, won Jangipur by-election by a narrow margin, he said.
Majithia attacked the UPA government for the price hike of essential commodities.
The frequent hike in prices of petrol, diesel and other petroleum products along with the cap on LPG had exposed the "anti-people" stance of the Congress, he said.
The miseries of farmers, traders and common man have been compounded due to the wrong policies of the Centre, Majithia said.
Majithia also slammed Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi, saying his presence has failed to make any impact on the party`s performance.
He accused the Centre of ignoring Punjab, and said it led to the humiliating defeat of Congress in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price