Decision to summon Sarna will be taken on June 17: Akal Takht
Amritsar: Akal Takht, the highest temporal body of Sikhs, on Thursday said the decision to summon former president of Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGMC), Paramjit Singh Sarna, will be taken at a meeting on June 17.
Sarna moved the Delhi High Court on June 10 seeking to stop the construction of the proposed 1984 anti-Sikh riots memorial at Rakabganj Gurdwara in the national capital.
"The meeting of five Sikh head priests will be convened at the secretariat of Akal Takht on June 17, wherein decision will be taken to summon Sarna," said Gyani Gurbahcan Singh, Jathedar (Sikh high priest) Akal Takhat.
Jathedar said, "Sarna has wilfully committed blasphemous act against the Sikh community by moving the court to stop the construction of memorial being made in the memory of Sikhs who lost lives during November 1984 riots in Delhi."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani