Decision to summon Sarna will be taken on June 17: Akal Takht
Amritsar: Akal Takht, the highest temporal body of Sikhs, on Thursday said the decision to summon former president of Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGMC), Paramjit Singh Sarna, will be taken at a meeting on June 17.
Sarna moved the Delhi High Court on June 10 seeking to stop the construction of the proposed 1984 anti-Sikh riots memorial at Rakabganj Gurdwara in the national capital.
"The meeting of five Sikh head priests will be convened at the secretariat of Akal Takht on June 17, wherein decision will be taken to summon Sarna," said Gyani Gurbahcan Singh, Jathedar (Sikh high priest) Akal Takhat.
Jathedar said, "Sarna has wilfully committed blasphemous act against the Sikh community by moving the court to stop the construction of memorial being made in the memory of Sikhs who lost lives during November 1984 riots in Delhi."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope
- World Hepatitis Day, 2016: Ten facts you should know!
- Protests over 'sacrilegious act' in Jammu, case registered