Decision to summon Sarna will be taken on June 17: Akal Takht
Amritsar: Akal Takht, the highest temporal body of Sikhs, on Thursday said the decision to summon former president of Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGMC), Paramjit Singh Sarna, will be taken at a meeting on June 17.
Sarna moved the Delhi High Court on June 10 seeking to stop the construction of the proposed 1984 anti-Sikh riots memorial at Rakabganj Gurdwara in the national capital.
"The meeting of five Sikh head priests will be convened at the secretariat of Akal Takht on June 17, wherein decision will be taken to summon Sarna," said Gyani Gurbahcan Singh, Jathedar (Sikh high priest) Akal Takhat.
Jathedar said, "Sarna has wilfully committed blasphemous act against the Sikh community by moving the court to stop the construction of memorial being made in the memory of Sikhs who lost lives during November 1984 riots in Delhi."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read