Decision to summon Sarna will be taken on June 17: Akal Takht
Amritsar: Akal Takht, the highest temporal body of Sikhs, on Thursday said the decision to summon former president of Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGMC), Paramjit Singh Sarna, will be taken at a meeting on June 17.
Sarna moved the Delhi High Court on June 10 seeking to stop the construction of the proposed 1984 anti-Sikh riots memorial at Rakabganj Gurdwara in the national capital.
"The meeting of five Sikh head priests will be convened at the secretariat of Akal Takht on June 17, wherein decision will be taken to summon Sarna," said Gyani Gurbahcan Singh, Jathedar (Sikh high priest) Akal Takhat.
Jathedar said, "Sarna has wilfully committed blasphemous act against the Sikh community by moving the court to stop the construction of memorial being made in the memory of Sikhs who lost lives during November 1984 riots in Delhi."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply
- Setback for NSUI as ABVP wins big in student union polls in Rajasthan
- North Korea leader says missile test `greatest success`
- Curfew, restrictions continue for 48th day in Kashmir
- Rahul Gandhi must come clean on how Mahatma Gandhi's assassin was affiliated to RSS: Vaidya