Delhi-Lahore bus makes emergency stop at Ambala
Ambala: The Delhi-Lahore bus made an emergency halt for about 90 minutes here Wednesday morning after a young woman passenger took ill.
According to police, the 21-year-old woman started vomiting when the bus, which started from Delhi this morning, was approaching Ambala, about 200 km from the national capital.
The bus was diverted to Baldev Nagar Police Station here from where the woman was taken in another vehicle under police escort to Civil Hospital here.
She was treated at the hospital and allowed to continue her journey.
The bus left Ambala for Lahore at 10:55 AM.
Police sources said that the woman, who originally hails from Kanpur, is married to a man in Lahore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre