Don`t approach me for transfer, job or tubewells: Badal
Chandigarh: Flooded with requests of employees seeking transfers at the "station of their choice" Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Tuesday asked them to route their applications through proper channel.
"Employees seeking transfers at the station of their choice should avoid giving their applications directly to the chief minister. They should send these applications to their respective Heads of the Department so that their requests could be properly entertained," a spokesperson said.
Badal had earlier also asked the people not to come with such requests and they should rather meet the concerned officers and in case they were not satisfied they could further approach the concerned minister.
Likewise, Badal also asked the people not to approach him directly for employment opportunities.
He asked them to apply against the vacant posts in different departments advertised in various newspapers and submit their applications to the concerned offices.
The recruitment was done at all levels absolutely in a fair and transparent manner strictly according to the merit, the spokesperson said quoting Badal.
Badal also asked people not to approach him for tubewell connections on priority from chief minister`s quota, as the state government had already abolished this quota.
He said people interested in getting tubewell connections could directly apply in the concerned offices of the Punjab State Power Corporation Limited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss