Election Commission guidelines for proxy voting
Chandigarh: The Election Commission on Monday
issued detailed guidelines for proxy voting by personnel of
the armed forces in the upcoming Punjab Assembly elections.
Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Punjab, Kusumjit Singh said
special provisions have been made in the law for facilitating
registration of such personnel and casting of their votes.
Under the Representation of the People Act, a member of
the Armed forces and his wife, if residing with him, can be
registered as service voters in the last part of the electoral
roll of the constituency in which his native place is located.
The CEO said members of the armed forces registered as
service voters can vote either by postal ballot or by proxy.
She said a service voter, who opts to vote through proxy,
is required to appoint a person who is resident of the area
covered by the constituency, where he or she is registered
as service elector, as proxy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority