EVM tampering: Amarinder writes to CEC for probe
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh on Tuesday appealed to the Chief Election Commissioner to order a probe into alleged tampering of Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) in Amritsar during Sunday`s civic polls.
In a letter to the CEC, he demanded a thorough investigation into the working of EVMs, alleging these were tampered by hackers hired by the Akalis.
He said the Deputy Commissioner of Amritsar had raised the matter with the State Election Commission and wanted repoll to be ordered in some wards were some youth were found using wireless technology like Wifi and Bluetooth to tamper the EVMs to alter the results.
The PCC President said that similar incidents were reported during the assembly election as well and now these have been repeated in the Municipal Corporation polls.
He said that during the MC elections the total control was with the state administration which is under direct control of the Punjab government. Even during the assembly elections the EVMs remain in the custody of the state officials.
The ruling SAD-BJP combine swept the Municipal Corporation polls in Punjab drubbing the opposition Congress in the first trial of strength after the state assembly election in January this year. SAD-BJP candidates romped home in most of the wards in Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Amritsar and Patiala Municipal bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Congress comes out with scathing 'report card' on PM Narendra Modi's 1yr rule