EVM tampering: Amarinder writes to CEC for probe
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh on Tuesday appealed to the Chief Election Commissioner to order a probe into alleged tampering of Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) in Amritsar during Sunday`s civic polls.
In a letter to the CEC, he demanded a thorough investigation into the working of EVMs, alleging these were tampered by hackers hired by the Akalis.
He said the Deputy Commissioner of Amritsar had raised the matter with the State Election Commission and wanted repoll to be ordered in some wards were some youth were found using wireless technology like Wifi and Bluetooth to tamper the EVMs to alter the results.
The PCC President said that similar incidents were reported during the assembly election as well and now these have been repeated in the Municipal Corporation polls.
He said that during the MC elections the total control was with the state administration which is under direct control of the Punjab government. Even during the assembly elections the EVMs remain in the custody of the state officials.
The ruling SAD-BJP combine swept the Municipal Corporation polls in Punjab drubbing the opposition Congress in the first trial of strength after the state assembly election in January this year. SAD-BJP candidates romped home in most of the wards in Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Amritsar and Patiala Municipal bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video