Former militant refuses to call off hunger strike

Last Updated: Thursday, December 26, 2013 - 20:07

Chandigarh: As two militants convicted in the 1995 Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh`s assassination case could not come out on parole on Thursday, a former terrorist who is fighting for their cause for over 40 days, refused to call off his hunger strike.

Former terrorist Gurbaksh Singh Khalsa had after a meeting with Akal Takhat Head Gurbachan Singh at a Sikh shrine in Mohali near here yesterday had announced to end his fast today on condition that two convicts get parole.
The formalities for parole of the two convicts- Lakhwinder Singh and Shamsher Singh - lodged in Burail jail here are under process and necessary clearances in this connection had been received from Patiala district authorities from where they belonged, jail officials said.

They, however, said the duo are expected to get parole tomorrow.

Yesterday, one of the convict in the Beant Singh assassination case Gurmeet Singh was released from the high security jail for a four-week parole.
Khalsa, who returned to Mohali from Amritsar, said, "I will wait to end my fast till the other two Sikhs are released."

PTI

First Published: Thursday, December 26, 2013 - 20:07

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus