Gang of robbers busted, 3 arrested
Phagwara: With the arrest of three persons, police here claimed to have busted an inter-district gang involved in several cases of robbery including alleged assault and looting of a local scribe in September.
Baljinder Kumar, Rajvir Singh and Kulwinder Singh were arrested yesterday and have been remanded in three-day judicial custody today.
According to the police, the gang was involved in the assault and robbing of a journalist on September 27 in Model Town area here.
Eight mobile phones, one diamond ring, one motorcycle, 800 gram of intoxicating powder, two "datturs" (sharp-edged weapons) were recovered from them, they said.
These robbers are facing over a dozen criminal cases in different parts of the state.
Four robbers of the same gang were arrested on October 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi