Gang of robbers busted, 3 arrested
Phagwara: With the arrest of three persons, police here claimed to have busted an inter-district gang involved in several cases of robbery including alleged assault and looting of a local scribe in September.
Baljinder Kumar, Rajvir Singh and Kulwinder Singh were arrested yesterday and have been remanded in three-day judicial custody today.
According to the police, the gang was involved in the assault and robbing of a journalist on September 27 in Model Town area here.
Eight mobile phones, one diamond ring, one motorcycle, 800 gram of intoxicating powder, two "datturs" (sharp-edged weapons) were recovered from them, they said.
These robbers are facing over a dozen criminal cases in different parts of the state.
Four robbers of the same gang were arrested on October 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video