Gang of robbers busted, 3 arrested
Phagwara: With the arrest of three persons, police here claimed to have busted an inter-district gang involved in several cases of robbery including alleged assault and looting of a local scribe in September.
Baljinder Kumar, Rajvir Singh and Kulwinder Singh were arrested yesterday and have been remanded in three-day judicial custody today.
According to the police, the gang was involved in the assault and robbing of a journalist on September 27 in Model Town area here.
Eight mobile phones, one diamond ring, one motorcycle, 800 gram of intoxicating powder, two "datturs" (sharp-edged weapons) were recovered from them, they said.
These robbers are facing over a dozen criminal cases in different parts of the state.
Four robbers of the same gang were arrested on October 3.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today