HC restrains schools from enhancing fee
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana high court on Tuesday issued directions that no school would enhance the school fee in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh, without the consent of the education boards to which the schools are affiliated.
The bench has also issued directions to ensure that no books other than NCERT were prescribed in Punjab schools.
The bench, comprising Justice S K Mittal and Justice T P S Mann, has held that schools must take the education boards into confidence before any fee hike.
The bench also directed that schools would submit their profit and loss statement for the past five years to the Central Board of Secondary Education, ICSE or Punjab School Education Board whereever they were affiliated with.
The bench also issued directions that no CBSE-affiliated school would prescribe the books published by those other than NCERT.
The directions were issued on three PILs filed on similar issues. One of the petitions had been filed by 10 students from Malerkotla while two other petitioners are city-based NGOs Anti Corruption and Crime Investigation Cell and All India Crime Preventing Society.
The petitioners referred to the directions of the Supreme Court in Modern School vs Union of India, which stated that each school would maintain the account on the principles of non business organisation.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Jallikattu will be conducted next year in Tamil Nadu if DMK comes to power: Karunanidhi
- Interrogate 'driving force' in AgustaWestland scam: 10 things Subramanian Swamy said in Rajya Sabha
- Facebook's Instagram has a flaw: Anyone can delete your comments!
- Some activities of ISIS but no alarming situation: Govt
- Shocking: Malaika Arora no more a 'Khan' after separation from husband Arbaaz?