Labourer killed by dera workers in Punjab
Kapurthala: A migrant labourer was
beaten to death allegedly by three workers of a dera here for
passing through the pious area in an "inebriated" state,
police said today.
Hari Ram (20), hailing from Sant Kabir Nagar district of
Uttar Pradesh, took a shorter route to his room on Saturday
through the dera at village Kot Krar Khan.
As he was passing through the dera, its workers stopped
him alleging that he was in an inebriated state and could not
pass through the pious place. An argument ensued after which
the workers allegedly beat Hari Ram to death, police said.
Hari Ram was working in a poultry farm.
A murder case has been registered against three
`sevadars` of the dera, police said.
When contacted, a dera leader denied any comment saying
police were investigating the matter.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3billion India IPO
- China hints at retaliation against US anti-dumping probe
- In home turf in Bihar, Kanhaiya Kumar all praise for Nitish Kumar, Lalu Yadav; slams Modi govt
- Realty firm Godrej Properties buys 49% stake in its arm Happy Highrises
- Paswan mocks possibility of Nitish becoming PM, says post not vacant for 15 years