Labourer killed by dera workers in Punjab
Kapurthala: A migrant labourer was
beaten to death allegedly by three workers of a dera here for
passing through the pious area in an "inebriated" state,
police said today.
Hari Ram (20), hailing from Sant Kabir Nagar district of
Uttar Pradesh, took a shorter route to his room on Saturday
through the dera at village Kot Krar Khan.
As he was passing through the dera, its workers stopped
him alleging that he was in an inebriated state and could not
pass through the pious place. An argument ensued after which
the workers allegedly beat Hari Ram to death, police said.
Hari Ram was working in a poultry farm.
A murder case has been registered against three
`sevadars` of the dera, police said.
When contacted, a dera leader denied any comment saying
police were investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?