Man sentenced to 10 years` jail for raping minor daughter
Faridkot: A 45-year-old man has been sentenced to 10 years` rigorous imprisonment for raping his minor daughter for over two years.
A local court has also imposed a fine of Rs 7,500 on Pappu Singh, resident of Deviwala Road in Kotkapura, after finding him guilty of the charges, saying that the accused was supposed to protect his daughter after the death of his wife.
Although Singh pleaded innocent, the victim`s statement and her medical examination reports formed the basis for the court to rule that the accused had physically abused his minor daughter.
Singh started raping his daughter after the death of his wife and the case in the matter was registered on October 31, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley