Minimum temperatures increase across PB & Har after rains
Chandigarh: People across Punjab, Haryana
and Chandigarh on Thursday got temporary respite from biting cold as
minimum temperatures increased by a few notches, even as
the region was lashed by rains.
In Punjab, Amritsar which had been reeling under cold,
today saw the minimum jump to 10.2 degrees Celsius, six
degrees above normal.
The minimum at Ludhiana also increased to 8.5 deg C,
three above normal, while the low at Patiala was 8.7 deg C,
also up by three notches.
Chandigarh, which was lashed by rains since yesterday,
recorded a minimum of 10.4 deg C, up four degrees.
In Haryana, Hisar recorded a minimum of 11.1 deg C,
six above normal.
The low at Karnal settled at 12 deg C, up five degrees,
while the low at Narnaul also shot up by five degrees to
settle at 10 deg C. Gurgaon recorded a minimum of 11 deg C and
the low at Bhiwani was 12.8 deg C, up six degrees.
Ambala recorded a low of 10.2 deg C, up four degrees,
while the low at Rohtak was 10.8 deg C, five above normal.
The MeT said that thick fog had also lifted from most
places barring Karnal and Rohtak, where visibility was low
Among the places to be lashed by rains included
Chandigarh (14.1 mm), Ambala (14.9 mm), Hisar (5.3 mm), Karnal
(12 mm), Rohtak (3.6 mm), Bhiwani (5 mm), Amritsar (9.2 mm),
Ludhiana (7.5 mm) and Patiala (16.7 mm).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert