Minimum temperatures increase across PB & Har after rains
Chandigarh: People across Punjab, Haryana
and Chandigarh on Thursday got temporary respite from biting cold as
minimum temperatures increased by a few notches, even as
the region was lashed by rains.
In Punjab, Amritsar which had been reeling under cold,
today saw the minimum jump to 10.2 degrees Celsius, six
degrees above normal.
The minimum at Ludhiana also increased to 8.5 deg C,
three above normal, while the low at Patiala was 8.7 deg C,
also up by three notches.
Chandigarh, which was lashed by rains since yesterday,
recorded a minimum of 10.4 deg C, up four degrees.
In Haryana, Hisar recorded a minimum of 11.1 deg C,
six above normal.
The low at Karnal settled at 12 deg C, up five degrees,
while the low at Narnaul also shot up by five degrees to
settle at 10 deg C. Gurgaon recorded a minimum of 11 deg C and
the low at Bhiwani was 12.8 deg C, up six degrees.
Ambala recorded a low of 10.2 deg C, up four degrees,
while the low at Rohtak was 10.8 deg C, five above normal.
The MeT said that thick fog had also lifted from most
places barring Karnal and Rohtak, where visibility was low
Among the places to be lashed by rains included
Chandigarh (14.1 mm), Ambala (14.9 mm), Hisar (5.3 mm), Karnal
(12 mm), Rohtak (3.6 mm), Bhiwani (5 mm), Amritsar (9.2 mm),
Ludhiana (7.5 mm) and Patiala (16.7 mm).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie