Need to bring all welfare schemes under one umbrella: Sukhbir
Chandigarh: There is a need to bring all
social welfare schemes, including scholarships and incentives,
under one umbrella to improve their delivery, Punjab Deputy
Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said on Thursday.
Reviewing the implementation of various welfare schemes
here, the deputy chief minister said that due to fragmented
approach of different welfare schemes coupled with plethora of
departments implementing those, the delivery system does not
fulfil the purpose for which these schemes were originally
He said that due to lack of publicity regarding most
schemes, the beneficiaries themselves were unaware of them,
resulting in their poor implementation.
Badal said the administrative reforms panel would also
consider clubbing all schemes and bringing them under one
umbrella for their effective implementation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead