Need to bring all welfare schemes under one umbrella: Sukhbir
Chandigarh: There is a need to bring all
social welfare schemes, including scholarships and incentives,
under one umbrella to improve their delivery, Punjab Deputy
Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said on Thursday.
Reviewing the implementation of various welfare schemes
here, the deputy chief minister said that due to fragmented
approach of different welfare schemes coupled with plethora of
departments implementing those, the delivery system does not
fulfil the purpose for which these schemes were originally
He said that due to lack of publicity regarding most
schemes, the beneficiaries themselves were unaware of them,
resulting in their poor implementation.
Badal said the administrative reforms panel would also
consider clubbing all schemes and bringing them under one
umbrella for their effective implementation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!