`No damage to Hemkunt Sahib gurdwara`
Patiala: The Shri Hemkunt Sahib Management Trust on Saturday said no damage has been caused to the Hemkunt Sahib shrine by the rain fury in Uttarakhand and it is safe.
"The main Gurdwara building is intact and no loss has been caused to the `sanctum sanctorum` where the Birs (religious scriptures) is installed," Vice Chairman Narinderjit Singh Bindra said.
He told PTI over phone that he had received information from SHSMT staff from Hemkunt Sahib that on the intervening night of June 16 and 17, water level of the lake adjoining the shrine had increased as glacier from the uphill came down.
The staffers have erected embankments of sand bags in and around the gurdwara.
Bindra said the Punjab government and other organisations should coordinate with them before sending relief material and vehicles "so that we could inform them what type of help is required there."
Asked about the rescue operation at Hemkunt Sahib and Gurdwara Govind Dham, he said that "all pilgrims would be evacuated by Sunday morning."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?