`No damage to Hemkunt Sahib gurdwara`
Patiala: The Shri Hemkunt Sahib Management Trust on Saturday said no damage has been caused to the Hemkunt Sahib shrine by the rain fury in Uttarakhand and it is safe.
"The main Gurdwara building is intact and no loss has been caused to the `sanctum sanctorum` where the Birs (religious scriptures) is installed," Vice Chairman Narinderjit Singh Bindra said.
He told PTI over phone that he had received information from SHSMT staff from Hemkunt Sahib that on the intervening night of June 16 and 17, water level of the lake adjoining the shrine had increased as glacier from the uphill came down.
The staffers have erected embankments of sand bags in and around the gurdwara.
Bindra said the Punjab government and other organisations should coordinate with them before sending relief material and vehicles "so that we could inform them what type of help is required there."
Asked about the rescue operation at Hemkunt Sahib and Gurdwara Govind Dham, he said that "all pilgrims would be evacuated by Sunday morning."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday