Notice to SAD nominee over poll conduct
Faridkot: The Shiromani Akali dal candidate
from Faridkot constituency has been issued a show cause notice
for allegedly violating the model code of conduct.
The Faridkot District Electoral Officer Ravi Bhagat has
issued the notice to SAD nominee Deep Malhotra for allegedly
promising to give a set of utensils to poor, Dalit and needy
girls at the time of their marriage, through an advertisement.
A few days back Malhotra had put big hoardings in the
constituency, promising utensils for needy girls at the time
of their marriage.
The candidate said that the step was taken in the memory
of his late father Om Parkash Malhotra, who was a liquor baron
and used to distribute sewing machines among poor families.
Advertisements in this regard were also run on cable TV,
Bhagat said here today.
Any hoarding or advertisement on cable TV without prior
permission when the Model Code of Conduct is in force in view
of the January 30 Assembly polls is illegal, Bhagat said.
In the last three days, it is the third show cause notice
issued to different political parties in Faridkot for
violating the Code of Conduct.
Two days back a show cause notice was issued to BSP for
holding an election meeting without taking prior permission.
On Monday, People`s Party of Punjab also held a meeting
at Kotkapura of party workers without prior permission and a
show cause notice was also issued to them for this as well as
for its failure to take permission for using loud speakers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday