One injured as security guard opens fire
Ludhiana: One person was critically injured when the security guard of a marriage hall opened fire on protesting villagers whose entire standing crop was burnt due to a cracker burst at the wedding.
Police and eye witnesses said that late last night a big fire broke out in an agricultural field and burnt the standing crop and the entire stock of wheat lying there.
The villagers alleged that one of the crackers which were being displayed at the reception of the marriage party fell into the field and caused the fire.
In no time the villagers gathered there and marched towards the marriage place where the function was in progress.
They damaged more than one hundred vehicles parked outside the marriage place.
Several companies of police rushed to the spot. Farmers have also blocked the traffic on the Ludhiana-Ferozepur road, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan