One injured as security guard opens fire
Ludhiana: One person was critically injured when the security guard of a marriage hall opened fire on protesting villagers whose entire standing crop was burnt due to a cracker burst at the wedding.
Police and eye witnesses said that late last night a big fire broke out in an agricultural field and burnt the standing crop and the entire stock of wheat lying there.
The villagers alleged that one of the crackers which were being displayed at the reception of the marriage party fell into the field and caused the fire.
In no time the villagers gathered there and marched towards the marriage place where the function was in progress.
They damaged more than one hundred vehicles parked outside the marriage place.
Several companies of police rushed to the spot. Farmers have also blocked the traffic on the Ludhiana-Ferozepur road, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued