One injured as security guard opens fire
Ludhiana: One person was critically injured when the security guard of a marriage hall opened fire on protesting villagers whose entire standing crop was burnt due to a cracker burst at the wedding.
Police and eye witnesses said that late last night a big fire broke out in an agricultural field and burnt the standing crop and the entire stock of wheat lying there.
The villagers alleged that one of the crackers which were being displayed at the reception of the marriage party fell into the field and caused the fire.
In no time the villagers gathered there and marched towards the marriage place where the function was in progress.
They damaged more than one hundred vehicles parked outside the marriage place.
Several companies of police rushed to the spot. Farmers have also blocked the traffic on the Ludhiana-Ferozepur road, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat