Pak denies pilgrim visa to Sikhs: SGPC
Amritsar: The SGPC on Wednesday alleged the Pakistan High Commission had denied pilgrim visa to a group of Sikh devotees without assigning any reason.
In a statement here, SGPC president Avtar Singh Makkar said the Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi had denied pilgrim visa to 320 Sikhs.
He said the SGPC every year sends Sikh pilgrims to Pakistan to observe the death anniversary of fifth Sikh master Guru Arjan Dev at Gurdwara Dera Sahib in Lahore.
But, this is the first time Pakistan has denied visas to Sikh pilgrims without assigning any reason, the statement said.
This has hurt sentiments of the Sikh community, Makkar said.
The group was to leave for Pakistan on May 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH